Becoming A Licensed LWSC Contractor
To be licensed by the Lynn Water & Sewer Commission, (LWSC) please submit the following information:
1. Completed Application form, providing at least three written references from cities, towns, or previous clients.
2. Have your Insurance Company provide:
- Stamped or Notarized Bond in the amount of $5,000 on enclosed LWSC Bond form, or Continuation Certificate of same.
- Certificate of Liability Insurance for:
a. General Liability
b. Automotive Liability
c. Workers Compensation and Employers’ Liability as required by M.G.L. c.152, §25.
Note: If the company owner is the sole employee of the company, Worker’s
Compensation requirement can be waived.
3. $50 Payment of Drain Layers License fee. Make checks payable to Lynn Water & Sewer Commission (LWSC).
Note: All Drainlayers’ Licenses expire on December 31st of each year.
Drainlayers wishing to renew LWSC license shall provide, new Bond
or Continuation Certificate of existing Bond, and $50 Drain Layers
License fee before any permits can be issued the following year.
If you or your Insurance Company have any questions, please call LWSC Engineering Department at (781) 596-2400.
Forms and Documents Available For Download